Are you looking for David Dellinger Quotes? your wait is over.
David Dellinger was born on August 22, 1915(died May 25, 2004) in Wakefield, Massachusetts. He was an American reforming activist and pacifist who was known for his contribution to maintaining and promoting peace across the country. David’s father Raymond Dellinger was well known republican and advocate graduated from Yale University.
He was imprisoned in the 1940s for refusing to be drafted. Furthermore, He led the anti-Vietnam War movement in the 1960s. David supported anti-war movements and peaceful protests by the principles of the Non-violence of Mahatma Gandhi. David Dellinger Quotes are very popular around the world.
Top 15 Inspiring David Dellinger Quotes
1. “This is a diseased world in which it is impossible for anyone to be fully human. One way or another, everyone who lives in the modern world is sick or maladjusted.” – David Dellinger
2. “Arms control is by definition a rejection of disarmament.” – David Dellinger
3. “Commitment to nonviolence must not be based on patient acquiescence in intolerable conditions. Rather, it stems from a deeper knowledge of the self-defeating, self-corrupting effect of lapses into violence.” – David Dellinger
4. “Nonviolence cannot be used successfully to protect special privileges that have been won by violence.” – David Dellinger
5. “The changes that take place when liberal Democrats replace not so liberal or compassionate Republicans (or Democrats) are merely cosmetic.” – David Dellinger
6. “Hiroshima and Nagasaki were atomized at a time when the Japanese were suing desperately for peace.” – David Dellinger
7. “Very few people chose war. They chose selfishness and the result was war. Each of us, individually and nationally, must choose: total love or total war.” – David Dellinger
8. “Every act we perform today must reflect the kind of relationships we are fighting to establish tomorrow.” – David Dellinger
9. “Our experience of the governments of the world, our knowledge of the weapons at their disposal, and our awareness of our own limitations justify pessimism. But some mysterious factor deep in the human psyche has produced a countervailing conviction that educating, organizing, uniting, and acting will make a difference.” – David Dellinger
10. “Nonviolence is supremely the weapon of the dispossessed, the underprivileged, and the egalitarian, not those who are still addicted to private profit, commercial values, and great wealth.” – David Dellinger
11. “After Spain, World War II was simple. I wasn’t even tempted to pick up a gun to fight for General Motors, U.S. Steel, or the Chase Manhattan Bank, even if Hitler was running the other side.” – David Dellinger
12. “Nonviolence simply cannot defend property rights over human rights.” – David Dellinger
13. “There is a heady sense of manhood that comes from advancing from apathy to commitment, from timidity to courage, from passivity to aggressiveness. There is an intoxication that comes from standing up to the police at last.” – David Dellinger
14. “You are unrepeatable. There is a magic about you that is all your own.” – David Dellinger
15. “This is my wish for you: peace of mind, prosperity through the year, happiness that multiplies, health for you and yours, fun around every corner, energy to chase your dreams, joy to fill your holidays!” – David Dellinger
Which are your favorites David Dellinger Quotes? Tell us in comment section.