Ratan Tata is one of India’s most influential Industrialists and philanthropists born on 28 December 1937. Ratan Tata completed his early education from Cathedral and John Canon School, Mumbai, and Bishop Cotton School, Shimla. He graduated from Cornell University America and Management Degree from Harvard Business School.
When Ratan Tata was 10, his parents Naval Tata and Sonoo Tata separated in 1948. Afterward, he was raised by his grandmother Navajbai Tata and he was also enormously influential and inspired by her thoughts.
Ratan Tata is the chairman of Tata Sons and Tata Trusts and also honored with two highest civilian awards of India Padma Bhushan in 2000 and Padma Vibhushan in 2008.
Ratan joined Tata Group in 1961 founded by Jamshedji Tata after completing his education and during 21 year’s chairmanship of Ratan Tata, not only he grew revenues and profit but also brought international recognition to Tata Group.
Ratan Tata acquired several international companies like Tetley, Jaguar Land Rover, and Corus and entered into a global business. Known to the popularity of various online platforms, he started investing in multiple startup companies such as Paytm, Zivame, Ola, LensKart, Urban Ladder, CureFit, Snapdeal, FirstCry, etc.
Ratan Tata is especially known for his helping nature and kindness. Tata Group has donated 66% of its total profit as a responsible citizen of India and also help many states during natural disasters and floods.
Ratan Tata Quotes and thoughts have been inspiring many entrepreneurs to start their business. Ratan Tata has become a role model for the youth of the new generation around the world.
Here are the 15 best quotes by Ratan Tata that lead you to success
1. “I don’t believe in taking right decisions. I take decisions and then make them right.” – Ratan Tata
2. “Ups and downs in life are very important to keep us going because a straight line even in an ECG means we are not alive.” – Ratan Tata
3. “None can destroy iron, but its own rust can. Likewise, none can destroy a person but his own mindset can.” – Ratan Tata
4. “There are many things that, if I have to relive, maybe I will do it another way. But I would not like to look back and think what I have not been able to do.” – Ratan Tata
5. “If you want to walk fast, walk alone. But if you want to walk far, walk together.” – Ratan Tata
Read also: Rabindranath Tagore Quotes
6. “Take the stones people throw at you. And use them to build a monument.” – Ratan Tata
7. “Wo insaan jo dusaro ki nakal karta hai thode time ke liye safal ho sakta hai but jiwan me bahut aage nahi badh sakta.” – Ratan Tata
8. “Power and wealth are not two of my main stakes.” – Ratan Tata
9. “I may have hurt some people along the way, but I would like to be seen as somebody who has done his best to do the right thing for any situation and not compromised.” – Ratan Tata
10. “The day I am not able to fly will be a sad day for me.” – Ratan Tata
11. “A person who is trying to copy others will be a successful person for a while, but he won’t be able to succeed further in life.” – Ratan Tata
Read also: Most Inspiring APJ Abdul Kalam Quotes
12. “Don’t be serious, enjoy life as it comes.” – Ratan Tata
13. “I admire people who are very successful. But if that success has been achieved through too much ruthlessness, then I may admire that person, but I can’t respect him.” – Ratan Tata
14. “Business need to go beyond the interest of their companies to the communities they serve.” – Ratan Tata
15. “I have two or three cars that I like but today, Ferrari would be the best car I have driven in terms of being an impressive car.” – Ratan Tata