Satyajit Ray was an Indian Film director, fiction writer, music composer, and illustrator known for his greatest film making art. He made his first film “Pather Panchali” in 1955, which gained popularity among audiences in a short span of time. With this huge success, his film won the Grand Prix at the Cannes Festival and several international awards.
Throughtout his career, Satyajit Ray directed 36 films including documentaries, telly films and features films. He was one of the greatest filmmaker of 20th century. He awarded an honorary Academy Award in 1992 and also honored with india’s highest civilian award “Bharat Ratna” in 1992. We bring quotes by Satyajit Ray to inspire and motivate you.
Top 10 Inspiring Satyajit Ray Quotes
1. “At the age when Bengali youth almost inevitably writes poetry, I was listening to European classical music.” – Satyajit Ray
2. “My films play only in Bengal, and my audience is the educated middle class in the cities and small towns. They also play in Bombay, Madras and Delhi where there is a Bengali population.” – Satyajit Ray
3. “There’s always some room for improvisation.” – Satyajit Ray
4. “You cannot go beyond a certain limit in your expenditure if you want to bring back money from your local market, which is very small after Pakistan.” – Satyajit Ray
5. “The only solutions that are ever worth anything are the solutions that people find themselves.” – Satyajit Ray
6. “Most of the top actors and actresses may be working in ten or twelve films at the same time, so they will give one director two hours and maybe shoot in Bombay in the morning and Madras in the evening. It happens.” – Satyajit Ray
7. “I was interested in both Western and Indian classical music.” – Satyajit Ray
8. “I had developed this habit of writing scenarios as a hobby. I would find out which stories had been sold to be made into films and I would write my own treatment and then compare it.” – Satyajit Ray
9. “My cameraman and I devised a method, which we started using from my second film, which applies mainly to day scenes shot in the studio, where we used bounced light instead of direct light. We agreed with this thing of four or five shadows following the actors is dreadful.” – Satyajit Ray
10. “When I write an original story I write about people I know first-hand and situations I’m familiar with. I don’t write stories about the nineteenth century.” – Satyajit Ray
Hope you liked Quotes by Satyajit Ray. Share these quotes with your friends and family.